Williams Plumbing was called and came to do a slab leak in my garage.The rep told me there was a form listing the usual work to be done covering four hours of work and special equipment which came to a total of $1,525.

They said this was a standard work agreement form used by all plumbing companies so I signed it. The initial work was done in one hour without using any detection equipment or doing much of what was covered in the form. I refused to pay the $1525 after finding out they lied about this being a standard form. Other companies told me their bill would have been $95 and hour and based on actual work.

Now Williams has a lien on the property and refuses to adjust the price to reflect the time worked and equipment used. I see this as consumer fraud and I am fighting it even if we go to court. This company is a payin member of the BBB. They say the company has resolved all of the 49 complaints against them this year.

When I insisted they had not responded satisfactorily to my complaint, they said I must owe the money and listed the complaint as resolved.

Had an Experience with Williams Plumbing?

Comments

I don't see how an insurance payment has any bearing on whether Wms plumbing is trying to cheat this customer by doing what he claims.

This customer has received a check from his insurance company.The insurance company paid the full invoice amount.

He sent the plumbing company a copy of the check, yet the company still has not been paid for services performed. Submitting an invoice and receiving payment from the insurance company and not paying the contractor could be considered insurance fraud.

If there was a problem with the work not being standard, BBB and your insurance company would have disagreed with the invoice.It seems this customer wants to keep the insurance check...